CT Families With Children Qualify for Monthly Payments
SimplifyCT is helping families register for the Child Tax Credit program for free!
Working together with Governor Lamont’s office, State offices, local libraries and other Connecticut nonprofits, we help parents sign up for the program, at no cost.
How does it work?
- The IRS will pay families each month starting in July 2021.
- You can receive up to $3,600 per child depending on their age.
- You will get half of the Child Tax Credit this year.
- You will get the second half of the Child Tax Credit when you file 2021 taxes next year.
Are you eligible?
- ANY family with children can benefit, as long as the child has a social security number.
- Employment & income are NOT required.
- The child must be under 18 on December 31, 2021.
- The child must live with you most of the time.
What do I need to do?
- You do not need to take action, as long as you have filed a 2019 or 2020 tax return. If you filed your taxes, you will receive the Child Tax Credit automatically.
- If you have not registered, don’t worry, just fill out the form on this page and we’ll help you complete the registration.
- If you haven’t received your stimulus checks, we can help you with those, too.
Fill out the form above to get started now!
Our secure online portal is open 24 hours a day, with no long lines, no waiting, and no appointments necessary.
Once you fill out the form, a SimplifyCT team member will call you within 2 business days to complete the application process.
Would you like to meet with someone in person? Check out the list of in-person clinics we’re holding and find one near you!
Safe | Secure | Simplified
SimplifyCT’s free tax preparation services are part of the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. With 90 certified volunteers, we are ready to help you get the benefits you are entitled to.