Need Help Paying For Your Monthly Gas or Electric Bill?
SimplifyCT is helping families register for the CT Energy Assistance Program–for free!
Working together with Governor Lamont’s office, State offices, Community Action Agencies, and other Connecticut nonprofits, we help CT residents sign up for the program, at no cost.
How does it work?
- The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) will pay a basic benefit dollar amount directly to your utility company or fuel supplier.
- Benefits range between $100 to $600 depending on your income, family size, and whether someone in your household is disabled or elderly.
- Households that heat with deliverable fuels like oil or propane may be eligible for additional fuel deliveries.
- CEAP program members may also be eligible for matching payment plans, protection from shut-offs, and replacement and/or repairs for heating equipment and water heater(s).
- CEAP is administered by Connecticut’s Department of Social Services in partnership with local Community Action Agencies (CAAs) throughout the state, SimplifyCT is among these partners.
Are you eligible?
- To determine if you are eligible for the program, please fill out the form on this page.
- If you have any trouble filling out the form, please call us at 860-590-8910 between 8:30 am and 6:00 PM EST. Our Call Center team members can help.
- Nosotras hablamos español.
What do I need to do?
- Get started by filling out the form on this page.
- If you have a problem registering, don’t worry, just fill out the form on this page and we’ll help you complete the registration.
- Still have a question? Give us a call at 860-590-8910
Fill out the form above to get started now!
Our secure online portal is open 24 hours a day, with no long lines, no waiting, and no appointments necessary.
Once you fill out the form, a SimplifyCT team member will call you within 2 business days to confirm the application is complete. If any items are missing, we will work with you to complete the application and submit it to the appropriate Community Action Agency near you.
Safe | Secure | Simplified
SimplifyCT’s free tax preparation services are part of the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. With 90 certified volunteers, we are ready to help you get the benefits you are entitled to.