Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Services
SimplifyCT is helping people register for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for free!
What is an ITIN?
An ITIN is a 9-digit identification number issued by the US Federal government, Internal Revenue Services (IRS), to undocumented individuals who do not have a Social Security Number.
Once a person receives an ITIN number, they are able to work as independent contractors or business owners, file and pay taxes. Although the IRS issues ITINs for the specific purpose of enabling people without a Social Security Number (SSN) to file and pay taxes, the ITIN can be used for other purposes. For example, an ITIN can be used for independent contracting, freelancing, or starting a business.
Who needs an ITIN?
If you are an undocumented person of working age and would like to work in the US, you will need a valid Social Security Number (SSN) or ITIN in order to do business and pay taxes as an independent contractor, freelancer, or business owner. Registering for an ITIN will help you get started.
Are you eligible?
Fill out our form to see if you are eligible for an ITIN
How does it work?
- An ITIN does not authorize you to work in the U.S., nor does it change your immigration status.
- SimplifyCT will be able to provide the following services to our immigrant population looking to apply for ITIN’s: Along with the W-7 ITIN application, we’ll prepare a complete tax return for everyone in your household using our online tool, which we’ll send to you electronically.
- Before April 15th (Tax Day), we can file a protective extension to eliminate certain penalties such as Failure to File and preserve any child, dependent or other eligible credits, if applicable and only if the client chooses to do so.
- Starting in May, we’ll set up a face-to-face appointment with you to certify your documents and have you physically sign your documents.
- Once the certification process is complete, we will file all your documents with the IRS via certified mail.
- We will go over your return completely via phone and if you give consent, we will protect you by filing an extension of time to complete your 2023 tax filing. With that, you may safely complete and obtain your ITIN application. If you have any questions, kindly reach out to our Customer Service Team at 860-590-8910 and they will be happy to assist you.
Our secure online portal is open 24 hours a day, with no long lines, no waiting, and no appointments necessary.
SimplifyCT is an IRS-certified Acceptance Agent in the State of Connecticut. Find out more information here.
Safe | Secure | Simplified